About First St. John United Church of Christ

History

First St. John United Church of Christ (UCC)  had its birth in the 1990 merger of St. John UCC, located at Front and Sycamore street since 1837 and First UCC, founded in 1867 and located at Ross and D streets. At the time of the merger, the membership decided to use the site on Front Street as their new home given its larger size and adjoining properties.  With membership declining, the decision was made to downsize and move to a more appropriate size space for worship.  On Easter 2010,the congregation began meeting at 140 Ross Ave., just a block from First UCC's origin.  The Front Street property was given to Princeton Pike Church of God for their Power Source ministry.  Due to the sale of the Partners in Prime building on Ross Ave, the congregation moved once again.  In November 2016, the congregation began worship on the campus of Miami U. Hamilton.  On November 5, 2017, the final worship service was held and the church ended its ministry after more than 180 years.The business of the institution concluded 12/31/17.

 





Social Media

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter